There are two ways for Cypriot citizens to get a visa for Turkey. Either as a citizen of the EU/EEA and Schengen Area or as a citizen of Turkey. Citizens from the EU/EEA and Schengen Area can enter Turkey without needing a visa. All other Cypriot citizens will need to apply for an eVisa before they travel to Turkey, either through the Official Visa Website or by downloading the Turkish Application Form PDF and taking it to the embassy. Turkey Visa for Cypriot Citizens
What is a Turkey Visa?
As of April 10, 2014, Cypriot citizens are required to obtain a visa in order to enter Turkey. The visa can be obtained from the Turkish Embassy or Consulate in Cyprus, or online through the e-Visa application system.
The visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue and allows for multiple entries into Turkey. The holder of the visa can stay in Turkey for up to 30 days at a time.
The Turkey Visa is a great option for those planning to travel to Turkey. It is easy to obtain and relatively inexpensive.
How to Apply for a Turkey Visa
Turkey offers a visa waiver program for Cypriot citizens, which allows them to stay in the country for up to 90 days within a 180-day period. To apply for a Turkey visa, you will need to fill out an online application form and submit it along with the required documents.
Documents required for a Turkey visa include a passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Turkey, a passport-sized photo, and proof of travel insurance. You may also need to provide additional documents depending on your purpose of travel. Turkey eVisa
Once you have gathered all the required documents, you can apply for a Turkey visa online through the Turkish government website or through a private visa service provider. The application process is simple and straightforward, and you should receive your visa within a few days.
How to Get a Turkey Visa for Cypriots and Cyprus Residents
Turkey has a visa policy of issuing visas to citizens of Cyprus and Cyprus residents who meet the required criteria. The process of getting a Turkey visa for Cypriots and Cyprus residents is as follows:
-Applicants must have a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining before its expiration date.
-Passport photographs are not required when applying for a Turkish visa.
-Applicants must complete an online application form available on the website of the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
-After submitting the online application form, applicants must print out the confirmation page and submit it, along with their passports, to the nearest Turkish Embassy or Consulate.
-The processing time for a Turkey visa is approximately 5 working days.
Benefits of a Turkish eVisa
Turkey visa for Cypriots offers many benefits including online application, eVisa approval within minutes, and no need to visit a Turkish consulate.
- Online application: Applying for a Turkey visa for Cypriots is now possible entirely online. There is no need to visit a Turkish consulate or submit paper documents anymore.
- eVisa approval within minutes: Once you have submitted your online application, you will receive your eVisa approval within minutes via email. You can then print out your eVisa and bring it with you when you travel to Turkey.
- No need to visit a Turkish consulate: With an eVisa, there is no need to visit a Turkish consulate in person. This saves time and effort, and makes the visa application process much more convenient.
Cost of Turkish eVisa and Requirements
Requirements for a Turkish eVisa:
-A passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of your planned arrival in Turkey
-A credit or debit card to pay the visa fee
-An email address to which your visa will be sent
The cost of a Turkish eVisa for Cypriots is €60. This price includes the processing fee and the VAT.
Turkish Visa Application Timeline
Assuming that you are applying for a Turkish visa in Cyprus, the application process is as follows:
- You will need to fill out an online application form which you can find on the website of the Turkish Embassy in Nicosia.
- Once you have completed and submitted the form, you will need to pay the visa fee of €60 at a designated bank.
- After payment has been made, you will need to make an appointment for an interview at the embassy.
- During your interview, you will be asked to present your passport, travel insurance, proof of financial means, and flight itinerary.
- If everything goes well, your visa should be issued within 7-10 days.